Write For Us
EcommercePlatforms.io loves to publish guest posts that share valuable skills, knowledge, and experiences that our readers can learn from.
Our readers have a broad range of interests but we won’t just accept any post. We’ll only publish articles that are well-written, unique and relevant to our website.
We’re always open to new ideas and will take the time to review every idea we’re sent.
We’ll provide feedback and let you know if your suggestion works for us, needs a bit of care to make it valuable for our readers, or if it’s not going to be a good fit.
Below we’ve explained how to pitch an idea, along with our editorial guidelines and writing requirements. Please read these carefully before sending us your idea.
Pitch an idea our target audience will find valuable
EcommercePlatforms.io’s audience is predominantly online business owners and those who want to get into ecommerce.
This means there’s a broad range of topics our readers are interested in and that we’ll publish. These topics range from how to come up with an idea for a business to the logistics of setting up, launching and running an online company, and everything in between.
To make it as simple as possible for you to come up with a relevant idea, these are the key topics our readers are interested in:
Please submit your ideas to us before you begin writing your blog post — we wouldn’t want you to send your time creating a piece of content that doesn’t meet our requirements.
All ideas need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ll let you know if we like your idea and if we’re happy for you to write/submit your guest post.
Follow our editorial guidelines & writing requirements
EcommercePlatforms.io will only publish high quality guest posts that are unique and relevant to our audience. Any posts that don’t conform to these standards will be rejected.
We don’t want to micro-manage how you write your post (every writer has their own style and we love reading diverse content) but there are some guidelines you must follow:
- Don’t submit a post that is overly promotional, for your brand or any you are associated with — our readers want valuable content, not an advertorial
- Your post must be well-written, make sense and be enjoyable to read — the occasional typo is permissible but if sweeping changes are required then we’ll reject your article
- 1,000-1,500 words — longer can be acceptable but keep brevity in mind
- UK English for spellings, grammar and punctuation
- Follow writing for the web principles
- Format the text using H2s and H3s
- High-quality, authoritative websites
- Maximum of two links to any website
- Provide links to any stats, studies or sources you reference
- Include a copyright approved featured image
- Credit all images — don’t include any that aren’t copyright approved
- Submit a brief author bio — you may also include an image of the writer
What happens once you’ve submitted your post
Once you’ve sent us your guest post, one of our editors will review the content.
If we love what you’ve written then we’ll publish it and send you the live link. If it’s not in keeping with the requirements we’ve outlined above then we’ll let you know what the next steps are.
These next steps will either be edits you need to make or (if the article isn’t going to be a good fit for EcommercePlatforms.io) then we’ll let you know that it’s been rejected.
We’ll get back to you as quickly as we can but can’t make any promises on the timescale we’ll reply to you — Please be patient if we don’t respond right away because we’re sent a lot of guest posts!
If all that sounds good then please send us your ideas and we’ll take it from there.